Photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

2008-05-09

Mother's Day

With Mother's Day just a few days away I've been giving a lot of thought to the "mother's" in my life. I think of my mom and how many times she's been there for me. How many times I've gotten a good laugh at her expense. lol She's is such a great sport too. There have been countless times that me, Kate and Dad have gotten a lot of good chuckles out of the things mom has done. I could always count on her to tell me the truth. And I could always count on her to throw a few doozies out there. I remember one time I was sitting in the kitchen, having eggs for breakfast and I bowed my head to pray. While I was saying grace a few things came to mind so I started praying for them. I guess I had been praying for a few minutes and when I was done my mom said to me "my goodness, Diana, they're just eggs". Oh, Diane! lol
I never realized how much like my mom I was until I had my own kids. Just recently I've heard myself saying "oh, go haunt a house" or "if you don't stop crying I'll really give you something to cry about". Those were her 2 favorite things to say to us.
I can't think about Mother's Day without thinking about my mother-in-law, Stephanie, who passed away 2 years ago.We miss her and think of her a lot. I remember all of our conversations about making cards on the computer and creating mailing labels. I remember the first time I met her. She made stew for dinner and we ate in the dining room with the gold silverware. Everytime I look at Tim, I see a lot of her in him. Momma Stephanie, we miss you. We know you are taking good care of our baby up in heaven. :)
On Mother's Day I think of my grandmothers. Tina who went to be with Jesus a few months before Emilee was born. I have a lot of great memories of Grandma. I remember her in her great big garden. I neve realized how much work that took until just recently. It was her pride and joy. I remember everytime I saw her she'd ask "so, whatsa new?". That translated to "do you have a boyfriend yet?" I remember all the times at our house growing up when she had to use the bathroom and she'd stop right before the door and then lean over and peak in to see if it was empty. lol Awww! I miss her.
Alda. Oh, Alda. She is my mom's mom. We aren't allowed to call her Grandma - it's Nana. She is a rip. She is 81 years old and has more energy than I have. She came to stay with me when Gracie was born and she cooked for me, did my laundry, babysat, pulled Emilee's hair. Good times. lol She is by far the most generous person I know. Always pulling through for birthdays, holidays and "just because" in between.
So, this year, Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's in my life. Each of you has had an impact on me. I love you!

0 enchanted replies: