Photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

2009-08-29

{Laughing Moments of the Weekend}

My sister, Kate, came to visit this weekend and she helped me organize and clean my office upstairs. It's something that I've been wanting to do for a few weeks now. I want a place where I can go to read my Word and pray. I want a place to put my laptop so that it's kind of out of the way and I won't be so distracted by it all day long. I want it to be functional enough to do some sewing and crafting projects. It took us h.o.u.r.s. to do but it's done. We even cleaned out the closets and got rid of so much junk brought it out to the garage so it's all out of the way. The only downside is that we forgot to take before pictures. Let me try and paint a picture for you:
  • Medium sized room with L-shaped computer desk covered with paper, pens, junk.
  • Comfy arm chair in the corner with painting and crafting supplies on it.
  • Shoes belonging to the Emilee Grace Company taken out of their boxes (by Princess Emilee and Princess Grace) strewn about the doorway.
  • Boxes of Emilee Grace products along the wall and in the corner.
  • Clothing and shoes falling out of the closet and on the floor surrounding the closet doorway
  • Old school computer monitor sitting on old school table.
  • Old (very old) sewing machine/table in the corner.
Can't you just picture it? It was bad. But now it's clean and although it doesn't look like this (I can dream can't I??), it looks 100x better. Thanks, Kate!!!!Now onto the real reason for this post..........the laughing moments of the day. Once we were done cleaning we needed to bring some of the final junk to the garage. It was our second trip outside so my flops were nice and wet from the rain outside. Gracie was sitting on the steps crying about something and Emilee and Kate were outside the front door. Just as Kate is telling me I need to open the garage door (again! b/c Em took it upon herself to close it), I slip on Tim's boots, while carrying big computer monitor and fall down 2-3 steps. Kate's initial reaction was "Oh my gosh, are you okay" and then it happened. The laughter. I started laughing. She started laughing. We got into some more trouble, laughed and laughed some more. I haven't fallen down the stairs in a long time. Usually I'm tripping up the stairs. I don't blame Kate for laughing at me. I would have laughed at her!

As if the day can't get any more eventful, Grace decides she wants to pee outside. When I asked her what she was doing she said, "I'm pretending to be a dog". lol Well, at least she took her underpants off. Gotta give her credit for that!

Photobucket

2 enchanted replies:

Katie said...

Thanks for leaving out the funniest part! I appreciate your discretion! Great post!

Unknown said...

LOl!!!