Photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket   Photobucket

2009-08-16

Soft, Gentle Voice

Lately during worship at church God has been gently speaking to me about things. Last week (or the week before??) He showed me that I am bound by the fear of man. I knew I was a bit intimidated by people at time (i.e. I loathe public speaking, don't like phone calls, etc.) but I realized that it was bondage more than anything else. I've let what people think and the fear of rejection keep me from doing what God wants me to do, really what He wants us all to do and that's to preach the gospel to all people. I'm so consumed and wrapped up in my own little world (where it's safe and I don't have to put myself out) that I rarely listen to the Lord and His promptings. Something's gotta change.


Then this morning at church we got a word about how the status quo is no longer acceptable. That God wants more. That got me thinking. I've been a Martha for a long time when really my heart is to be a Mary. I want to be at the feet of Jesus, loving on Him, seeking His face, falling more in love with Him. That's kind of hard to do when I'm on Facebook more than I read the Bible or pray; when I'm working on things that God has not called me to do; when I'm more interested in the latest "scoop" than I am about getting the heart of God.


So, I'm working on working those things out. Setting my priorities in order and putting the things of this world aside to set my affections more on the Lord. I love the gentle voice of the Lord.

1 enchanted replies:

Robyn said...

Hey stop talking about me!

j/k, i can totally relate to this and think we've been hearing the same gentle voice.....gotta love that!

p.s. you can practice your phone skills on me anytime! i too struggle with simply answering the phone at times.

II Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love and of a sound mind"